So apparently Faustinus had some more tricks up his sleeve, oder?
----- Original Message -----
From: Martin J. Walker
To: Poetryetc provides a venue for a dialogue relating to poetry and poetics
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: Re: k j a hint of the truth (for Steve Duffy)

Thank you, David, for posting that VeRT material: I like Alison's ironically
ambiguous remark that pornography "leaves much to desire as an answer to
alienation". (The subtle difference between this and "much to be
desired."...)
The Loving Editors' rap reeks of disingenuous equivocation. I don't agree
with "retrospective blandness", however, & I can't see how having some
featured poetry, from whatever stronghold, and lowering the hystrionic
temperature on the list amounts to  "trahison des clercs". This is slightly
inflated.
I don't believe myself that Kent "desires" to "re-enter" poetryetc ~ I think
the show is over &  Alecto's whips & snakes (get the mega-game now! 10%
cheaper from www.faustine.com) have been packed away in obsessively tidy
fashion to await the next performance while this one is being written up. It
could have been a bit more amusing (he is half, but only half, as clever as
he thinks he is, Joe) if Algernon, I mean Kent, hadn't that unfortunate
tendency to foam at the mouth when "indignant" (from dignity, q.v.), and
call every utterance that didn't foam "smarmy". I could get very
psychoanalytical about this but no! Get thee behind me, Satanas!
Martin