I find that very interesting, Erminia, but I would just say that the
commandment (superseding all others) is a goal, meaning that you must try to
love others as you love yourself  i.e. not as an object, but as a thou
(Martin Buber's Du) who is a subject. Of course one can love oneself in the
wrong way, or the opposite (hate, contempt), that is where the vigilance
must kick in. Relying on others to follow the precept is naturally a dodgy
business! In practice loving others should not mean abandoning oneself to
their tender mercies if one knows them to be venal, violent, envious etc.
You love your children but you don't let them do anything they want, because
they are vulnerably ignorant in some respects. So Crowley' "Do what thou
wilt shall be the whole of the law" can only apply to the perfectly
enlightened, and not even Kent claims to be that.
Dumbo
PS I've just read your comments, Henry, and I couldn't agree more; your
words move me.