1. I disagree with you Erminia ~ there is a self, though this ground of
experience is not something frictively personal, as it were, certainly not
so affirmatively individual as generally imagined.
It'll need time for me to excerpt the notes from Genoa so far.
2. I don't see that your description of the evolution of the different
poetic personalities really refutes what I say about high-level hysteria and
acting, Kerry, but I found your description and explanation of Pessoa very
illuminating in its clarity, and I recognize the sense of your avoidance of
psychologism. I didn't mean by "kept it to poetry writing" anything so
rigidly demarcating as "only writing in verse"; nevertheless I must confess
my change of attitude after reading your words.
Martin