I believe that's Anastasios you're quoting, James, and I thought of his post
last night when I was at a comedy club (no, not _this_ one) and heard a
comedian open his set with "People are always asking me, 'Is that your real
voice?' What do they expect me to say?"

Any fans of Emo Phillips out there?

I think you made some good points in response to A.'s series of questions,
and it's started me wondering (again) about the difference between a poet's
style and his/her voice. Why do we need "voice" as a critical category for
poetry (or for writing more generally)? Why doesn't "style" cover it? Might
have something to do with that relationship between poetry and memory some
of us have been circling. Whaddyarekkon?

Candice

It wasn't him.