With typical meticulosity (I know) I'd like to correct that allusion: it's
"lives along the line", even more appropriate. No use asking for
identification in these days of googlies for everyone (that came from left
field, didn't it...)
I'd like to express my relief that a period of manic dissociation on the
list has been dispelled, instructive as it was in its characteristic
violence; I came to it late as our internet connexion was interrupted for a
long week & was stunned by the cumulative freakish intensity. It reminded me
of  gifted schizophrenics and my own verbal behaviour on acid. I admire you
for dealing with it without repressing your own spontaneous emotions,
Candice. I hope the tone of animosity sometimes perceptible in polemical
emails never becomes the standard thing on the list.
Martin