on 6/17/01 7:52 PM, Printmaker at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> also seeking help with a quote
>
> I've only heard this spoken so it may not be accurate
>
> not a mutter did he utter
> as he lay there in the gutter
> and a woman passing by was heard to say
> you can tell a man who boozes
> by the company he chooses
> and the little pig got up and ran away
>
> Josephine

    I see Robin's already ID'd this one, but I'd like to pass along a couple
from the "Lost Quotations" board at the Poetry Library, for the sake of
their still unanswered posters (and my own curiosity).

Can any Australian listees help with "Fat and full of health is the valley
of the Condamine"?

And here are two others that I found intriguing (lots more where these came
from):

The goofy mouse, the walking house-frame is lost in the forest....

AND

Come to the woods my friend and take no one with you....

Thanks,

Candice