In a message dated 6/16/01 7:02:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Can anyone help with this reference?

 I am trying to trace the source of the following - the only clues I have are
 the title "Les Hirondelles" and a quotation:

 "car la poete est un viseau mais captif - ses elans se brisent contre un
 invisible reseau" - written in an old book in a very a shaky hand!

 I would love to know the source - if possible, (or a translation of the
 quote!)

 many thanks

 maria >>

The Poetry Library at Royal Festival Hall has
a "Lost Quotations" noticeboard that may be of use...
though I don't know how quickly someone might come
your aid...
http://www.hayward-gallery.org.uk/poetry/