>I'd agree with Nicholas: less is more here, & this is a poem best left
>without the addition, that tries, perhaps too hard, to wave a little flag
>for closure's sake...
>
>Doug

Quite right, Doug. Far better left open. I'm laughing at myself for
succumbing to what I've advised so many against, that emotional response for
closure that often ruins what in fact was working in a poem. Fortunately I
like myself so it's a good natured laugh, I cut out the addition, give
myself a cookie or two for being a good boy and move on reminded that poetry
is not created in a vacuum, good friends help point the way too.

best
:fp

Frank Parker
http://now.at/frankshome

I believe I heard language through my mother's
belly     both violent and sweet     and wanted
to get to it
                        - Robin Blaser