Alison

Well, froth has its serious aspect, and even a dark aspect, as in evidence of
pollution - anyway, your posts do have a lighter touch than some, whatever
their material, so I always take them seriously.

Your recoil from Official Poet reminds me of my recoil from Official Poems -
as in Officially Good Poems - don't you find that trying to define/label
poems as wellas poets stultifies the very thing in one that is looking out
for a poem? I see their capacity and their performance but the relationship I
make with them is different from less-labelled even if published work. Do you
think that is one factor in the borrowing/remaking of lines, which is the
usual compost of poetry (as lots of postings lately have been saying)? The
need to re-engage Culture?

By the way, capitals have crept up on your Artist in the Community so do I
take it you recoil from those too?

Best

Claire

In a message dated 08/06/01 00:50:24 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]