And a lovely, quirky thing for a bridal-showering pot to read at HER own
wedding IF she chooses to marry, to write poetry, and to use the
first-person plural pronoun in a meditation on such collectivity as WE or
MARRIAGE can bear! So, thank you, Mairead--and thank you, Erminia, Matthew,
Liz, Chris, Helen(s), Doug et al.--for keeping the POETRYETC conversation
going on a subject that has already been exhausted (IMHO). It's pointless
and tedious to argue about such poetic usages as pronouns because we're all
going to what we will in our poems regardless, and anyone who gets his/her
knickers in a twist over their own or another's opinion on the matter risks
making a fool over him/herself--in my eyes anyway.

So, let's just change the subject, shall WE? (How persnickety should WE be
over SHALL vs. WILL anyway?) Chris has proposed an interesting stimulus, and
I'd rather hear what y'all think of fear and (in, of) poetry. Thanks--

Candice