>It's something children do
> on their own, anyway.  When I was at school, how many pop songs did I know
by heart?
> How many times did my friends and I run through the entire script of
"Monty
> Python and the Holy Grail" by heart?  We must have been quite a boring
lot, but to
> us it was fun because nobody had told us to do it.  To learn a few poems
as well
> would not have been unnatural.
> Kari

There's something in that. School has the potential to making almost
anything dull. I was going to class one morning and a group of juniors were
waiting outside the neighbouring room. Then there was announcement that they
had to go somewhere else as nurse so-and-so was going to talk to them. "Not
sex _again_!" they moaned.

best

Randolph Healy

PS I'm for learning poems by heart.