Dear alison,

I suppose it irritates you because you seem to think that i am patronizing
you, which i have no intention of doing.

"that's a heavy burden for a
>  word which means, in fact, the art of _reason_ or the process of
>  reasoning, "

what i have been saying all along is that maybe we have defined "logic" to
narrowly. And there is no reason why it can not bear all that you have
suggested, for all of what you have suggested is on the most part mentally
conditioned. Although I don't recall claiming that logic was responsible for
our physical existence, which is something i do not think.

I clearly agree with you that relationship is a major factor in language
acquisition but nonetheless the infant must figure out for itself that
sounds are "meant", which seen objectively is no mean feat considering that
one can not  strictly "teach" an infant their first language. Therefore
there must be something in the mind that is naturally inclined toward
language and also there must exist a mental framework in which language has
a necessary role. This framework is most likely a "universal grammar", in a
sense.

About neurology i am definitely against current theories of cognitive
science and all forms of reductionism of mental states into brain activity
so I really doubt i would get much out of reading neurology.

sincerely,

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/