Hi Ram,
Thank you for posting Susan MacRae's defense of P.K. Page's poem 'Planet
Earth' for Dialogue Poetry. While MacRae's heart is certainly in the right
place, I find her justifications lacking. Any number of poems by any number
of other poets meet MacRae's sentiments and address the event much better.

"And finally, PK Page as a poet and painter has been my hero (as well
as many other Canadians' hero) for the brilliance of her poetry and the
clarity of her vision..." -MacRae

I would prefer a choice that really demonstrates "brilliance...and...clarity
of...vision..." even if some other P.K. Page poem.

By the way, did anyone else's suggestion for a poem have a chance from the
beginning?

And I reiterate, having to read a poem at 30,000 feet is challenging enough
without having to suffer a second rate poem by a first rate poet(?) no
matter how well intended.

All argument aside, I do wish you and this event every success. You know
that.

Best regards,
Frank

Frank Parker