> With all due respect, David, the only possible basis for a comparison
among
> Wales, Scotland, and Ireland (the South, presumably) is the perspective of
> the has-been colonial power common to the histories of all three--a
vantage
> point you might be said to occupy geographically, but which hardly seems
> consistent with the stances you usually take here politically.

Unfortunately, in respect of all three countries, the colonial power is
still not has-been, and even more so it remains unretired in respect of
England itself, which remains, in its heart and marches, still its own first
and most foremost colony.
Except, in respect this time of all four countries, that they are more and
more economic and cultural colonies of a fourth, larger and more powerful
nation. One which quite deliberately employs cultural imperialism as a means
to economic dominance.
Long live the French film industry.

As for my political stance, I am quite at a loss to know what you are
reading into my perspective on Cymru. Whatever it is, it's not mine.

regards

david