Am I the only one on the list not to get Tolkien ~ or rather, not to have
got, since I read them when I was 17 four decades ago ~? I even prefer
Wagner's egregiously alliterative libretto to that mouldy old professorial
fustian, quite apart from the musical glory & the power of the story of the
_Ring des Nibelungen_. Speaking of music & of dislikes, here's a rant
composed during the prelapsarian summer:

ADNI
I hate Glass. So transparently repetitive.
I hate Glass. So glassily unfeeling.
I hate Glass. Glass Glass. So grassrootedly pprimitive so glaucously
fffrangible so
Pppoor in Variation
(unlike Reich)~
no,not another Glass!
So singularly unspectacular, so glass-harmonically nerve-racking Glass.
Glass lags way behind and can't kick  ass. I hate Glass I hate Glass  I hate
Glass
I hate Glass. All notes are grass in Glass. All fashion only in a Glass, his
ssounds leave me glassy-eyed.
So unfocused, so unreflective, so coolly congealed,
so chromatically threadbare, nay so colourless Glass,
so rigidly gelatinous, so microscopically monotonous,
so overblown Glass. Fillup Glass.Ever half-empty Glass.
So Glass. So Glass. Sglass. Slass. Ass. Ssol. So la la. Sol fa la la. La la
la. Gla. Gaga. Ga.
I hate. Aye I. Hate.Glass. Blast Glass. Ghastly Glass.
Glass Glass.
(Ad Dei Nauseam Infinitam)
~ has to be read with the bleating Amurrican "a", not as in "arse".
I'll go on trying with Fillup, though; maybe I should check out that movie &
then the books again, after all.
Martin