>A list who kindly invited me to his party
> tonight reminded me that it's the Winter Solstice, so how about turning
this
> little cease-fire into a celebration before we're done? Thanks--Candice

Hey, Candice, before any flak comes out, in the Antipodes it is (or was)
the Summer Solstice (wink)

As far as I can find out the shortest day (in the North) is often the two
shortest days, i.e. Dec 21/22 are sometimes of equal length. I dun if anyone
can shed any light, so to speak, on this matter.

Best

Dave

David Bircumshaw

Leicester, England