There's a great deal of wisdom in Dominic Fox's latest posting.  Does
anyone seriously think that anyone will give up his - let's say his -
"gender role" because of the whiny tyrannical chip-on-shoulder
lucubrations of some academic or academic-hanger-on feminist theorist?
I'm pretty sure that I'm nurturent, unoppressive (I fold laundry, I do
floors, don't rape etc. etc.) - and if I'm not it should be a matter of
Law.  And furthermore that culchahs where women are made to wear veils
or get circumcised or burnt etc. etc. are - oooooh you sweeties are
going to love this - INFERIOR.  And even if they aren't, if there are no
universal values to measure by, then I reject them just because they,
what do you brits say, get up my nose.  I don't think I've missed
anything by being a straight Western male, and the things women have
missed - equal pay, safe streets, funded childcare - can be provided by
social legislation.  And I'll tell ya - recent crap about "castration"
in the name of some sort of vague higher humanism is making the ruling
class look more attractive.

And by the way, have any of you noticed that the Taliban's gone?  And
that nobody seems too heartbroken?