About virus ar, Candice: I've spent all week fascinated by looking into
computer viruses.  My home computer was hit by one and, simultaneously, I was
become aware of on-line net artists who (intentionally) imitate virus behavior
in their work, viz. the recent 0100101110101101.org's shutdown of the Korea
Web Art show, where they swapped their fellow competition winners' files and
temporarily took the entire show off-line ~as~ their artwork.

After Norton Anti-Virus quaranteed the JS.Exception.Exploit that had gotten
through to my machine, I went back and isolated all the files that were
generated in the seconds and minutes had preceded and followed the infection,
and then inspected them.  (I suffer from a touch of the forensic pathologist,
I admit, where I like to investigate and scrutinize Evil, like this summer's
escapades with the "John Ashbery" forgeries and the editors who were supplying
false names/identites to carry it out.)  They're fascinating in their
construction and I only wish I could find more information about their
engineering.

And almost all of them, as you point out, contain textual elements--- ~and~
visual art! components that can be quite intriguing.  They remind me somewhat
of Jean Tinguely's self-destroying machine sculptures.  Sadly, they may
imitate on a microcosmic level what's being carried out ballistically on a
macro level right now: the bombs that are exploding are works of tremendous
collaborative investment.  You remember the WWII bombs that had cartoon
characters painted on them, etc.