Josephine wrote:

> And while we are talking about Utopias (I found a number of
> major flaws in the original model, I might add) the other
> thing we need to do is reduce the world's population by 75%.
> WHich is what I thought mother nature was trying to do when
> she designed aids.

I'm sorry, Josephine, I like a lot of your posts, and your poems, but I
think that is one of the most otiose remarks I have ever seen on a list, and
far removed from Alison's sensitive arguments, even though e-mail format and
occasion may reduce them.

When people talk about matters like decimating the world's population they
always think of it happening to others. Would you like to see you and your
loved ones 'reduced by 75%'? This is as bad as the right-wingers rhetoric.

David Bircumshaw

Leicester, England

Home Page

A Chide's Alphabet