Well, I've been underground a while
I come up, sniff the airwaves
still deadly poison

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frederick Pollack" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 30 November 2001 23:24

| The Taliban leadership was given a chance to repudiate their paymaster
| bin Laden and to turn him and Al-Qaeda over.  They refused.

& exactly who the hell are the US govt to issue ultimata to anyone? have any
of them ever submitted themselves to the judiciary of the countries they
have hurt?

if the us wants foreign govts to account for their actions let it subscribe
to a court to which it too is answerable

It isn't as simple at all as one group being the paymasters of another - but
we might follow some of the audit trails of us interventions and motivations
over the years

A few years ago, in defence of reneging on its dues to UN (this is before it
reneged on so many other agreements, including now the Geneva Convention) we
heard that the us did not want to be the policeman (sic) of the world

well, large parts of the world don't want it either, especially when it's
done in the style of dirty harry

i was shocked and hurt by what i saw relayed on my tv and what i now know
happened on Sep 11

and as i have not been in the situation that so many are now, grieving for
murdered dead, i cannot *know of it and so shall be silent of it, as advised

nevertheless, aside from real individual grief, there is a lot of
sentimentality in these responses and i'll repudiate that

more people die on the roads of uk in a year, by a long way, than died on
Sep 11; but that's ok because people like driving fast and petrol and cars
must be sold

i suspect that more people die every day world wide of avoidable disease and
hunger and exposure than died in nyc

what it all adds up to is an innate belief among some in us that usamerican
deaths are more important than other deaths

(and british too retrospectively - rather in the way that time off from
purgatory used to be purchased, I suppose)

well, they aren't

they are as important as everyone else's but no more

the american dead are no more important than afghan dead and therefore
george bush no less a murderer than whoever organised that plane-crashing

by all means never forget what was done to USAmericans on Sep 11 2001

and though I wasn't alive then I shall remember what USA did to Hiroshima
and Nagasaki

you want terrorism, that was terrorism

and Korea, and Vietnam, Cambodia etc etc with a really big flashing light
over Nicaragua... A few outstanding charges to answer there

It's bad enough having people killed and the world made more dangerous as a
consequence

but spare me the bullshit explanations

powerful countries bully and you live in a powerful country