david.bircumshaw wrote:

> Well, Frederick, I understand a belief in free speech is fundamental to US
> values, and that right then surely extends to other countries, even
> Australia and Britain.
>
> Many of us, you know, aren't simplistic opponents of the war, we're
> +concerned+ about what's going on. I don't know why I'm bothering saying
> this, my opinions have no influence in the political world, nor do I know
> why you've forwarded that message to a poetry list.
>
> David Bircumshaw

You may be right, David, that it has no place.  But I remain irritated
by some of the remarks on this list two months ago.  I also thought that
editorial Alison Croggon copied several days ago was full of half-truths
and distorting rhetoric, but I simply have no time to critique.  The
piece from Salon seems relevant to both.  FP