Close but not a bull, Josie ...

Commentary on your commentary follows ...

> > He, Jeffurz, see yir post?  That wiz a bi oot a order, but.  Sno awn,
> > playing the Eytie langwidge car.  I wis yellin cumbie ya bas an weapond
up
> > afore yir mother hid yi oot a nappies.
> >
> > Pu thither one, son -- mair fush n the sea than you ivir pued lanwidges
oot
> > u yir haversack.
> >
> > See an a ivir catch yuz up a close, al stick a jeely piece where the son
> > dinnae shine.  Yull be greetin fur weeks.
> >
> > Inawur, yir jis nae wan ay uz.
> >
> > The Wee McGreegor

> How did I do Robin? Is a 'jeely piece' a jam butty?
> Josephine

jeely piece is authentic, jum butty is generically northern (try dave on
this) ...

[Heard of The Hing?  Links ...]

{Well, The Hing runs two ways -- Glasgow wifies gossiping, or the cheapest
way to provide Night Accommodation for street people.  Or did, a time ago..}

> Hi Jeffrey, see your post? That was a bit out of order, but.
> Its not on, playing the Italian language caper. I was
> yelling 'come here you bastard and put your weapons up'

Na, weaponed up meant you were carrying -- single edged razor blades in the
fold of your tie, sharpened studs on the inside of your belt, stuff like
that.

Honest to god, I really +didn't+ do that stuff.

Sixties weren't +too+ bad -- I could walk home across the City. By the
seventies, it was bayonets and axes, by now prolly guns.  Glad I'm way away.

> before your mother had you out of nappies (diapers).

Yup.  (That "diapers" was the word I was trying to get my tongue around.)

> Pull the other one son - there's more fish in the sea than
> you ever pulled languages from your haversack (backpack).
>
> You see, if I ever catch you up close,

No, a close mouth was (is) the entrance to a tenement ...Four stories up ...

> I'll stick a (jeely
> piece)? where the sun doesnt shine. You'll be greiving

No, "crying" (weeping)

> for
> weeks.
>
> In a word, you are just not one of us.

But there's a spin on this -- Wan ay us is, Who's beside you on the Cross?

> The little son of Gregor.

Na.  REALLY Kailyard:

_Wee MacGreegor_  by J.J.Bell (Moray Press, Edinburgh, 1933)

-- but if I thought anyone was listening, I'd have been more careful ...

I can do this two ways ...

Been there, done that, bought the simmit ...

... or the mush of the post ...

(Sorry, lazy, me ...)

But, hey, Josie, you caught more of this than I'd've had expected ...

Para Handy Tells ...

Robin

(Oh, you missed Cumbie vs Tongs (ya bas) -- but this is prolly DEEPLY
parochial.)

L&K

R2