I totally agree (except with the possibility of _your_ "being
stupid"--perish the thought!). I don't know why anyone would "have to be
stupid," apart from those who are (tho' probably not by choice), and the
last poetry I'd ever want to read is the dozey-headed, naively stupid kind
championed by David. Where does this romantic notion of stupidity, which
emerges from time to time, come from anyway?

But who knows what Muller meant, absent original context and language.
(Alison, can you fill those in?)

Candice