Ah, I see, Jeff

your talking then about a much more Claudel-like Reverdy I think. I confess
I know nothing about his biography, but the fact that he lived with his wife
in the grounds of a monastery seems to coincide with the image of sexuality
and God-longing that his poems impress on me.

I know nowt about Caws and what she did to him in presentation, but I can
see why you take such an exception.

I try full-blown religion myself, every so often, btw, but never feel as
though I belong there. But I love lighting candles in darklit churches, with
a breath, a thought, and a silent prayer.

One can but try!

Best

Dave

David Bircumshaw