David - we share a connection with Warwickshire!  (Born in Brum, reared in the chippy on the Stratford Road in Warwick)

I've really enjoyed the variety of voices in this choice of pomes!  Thanks for the posting.  My fave is 'Silverbirch On Canalside' which I find very pleasing for the density of sound ('your torso's cracked/like old plaster) and the very clear sense of place - 'gerra move on' - that perfectly resists the pastoral - (you know - tree/nature/sense of wonder/and suddenly we're with Wordsworth on the lake in Cumbria).  Very hard to resist that overwhelming logic, but you do it with grace and humour!

'Within' is a great word puzzle/game.

And 'Ghost Machine' actually made me laugh out-loud.  Quite a gift as I have been having a grim time.

thanks

Liz