I am starting being worried about one think: do we remember what satire is?

I also do not agree about categories like "the best " and "the worst" set by
crypto-fascist Yeats or anyone else. As for this quoted aphorism, Alison,
may I remember the list that if there was one suffering  from " passionate
intensity"  that sadly was him...
So, how one should interpret this quote? Could have it  been the product of
an epiphanic understanding of the unnecessary of all human passions
among which we have to enlist his  fanatic  republicanism which to me
coincides with fascism.?  I doubt it.

I do not want to think that Yeats stands as an example of enlightening
doubtfulness. Who was he talking about , then, when he referred to the
passionate ones?  Please, let's not remember what in the real political
lives of our disgraceful nations authors such as Yeats, Pirandello, Pound
stood for, otherwise we should secure down a cellar our entire stocks of
books....

In these situations one must suspend judgement and pass a hand over ones'
consciousness.

Yeats, - do I need to remind you? - was a fanatic nationalist cultivating
the idea of collectiveness culturally informed by one principle.
It is not Yeats, sorry, who stands as an example of illuminating openness,
or lack of passionate political intensity. Quite the opposite.

I wish to congratulate those of you who in this tragic realities can
establish what is good and what is bad, what is noble and what is mean, what
is high and what is low, those of you who can discern and take sides, decide
who is the victim and who is the persecutor.