----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 3:08 AM
Subject: Re: Afghanistan

> On Monday 08 October 2001 15:03, you wrote:
> > The only possible problem with this strategy, Robin, is if it happens to
be
> > the police themselves who are threatening one's life.  I know, it's an
> > astonishing thought, but I'm told it does happen.

> Robin, you appear to have lived quite a sheltered life. The last thing I
> would do if my life was threatened in this country is call the police. As
> Alison observes, they are most likely the ones doing the threatening,
which I
> learnt the hard way some time ago by helping out a little protest for gay
> rights by designing and printing posters. After escaping the police
threats
> and re-surfacing from the underground I went on to later work in
publishing.
> Here, I got death threats and was shot at for being a publisher supporting
> Asian immigration to this country from the local fascist hoons and the
police
> refused to act so a few people went out and acquainted their heads with
the
> pavement. So now, I know what to do. Go out the back and dig up my trusty
SKK
> Chinese automatic assault rifle I got buried in my garden and start
shooting
> back. I may be opposed to the war in Afghanistan but  the armed
revolutionary
> overthrow of my own government--
> NO WORRIES MATE!
>
> Chris Jones.

That isn't true in New York. Here, if you had the misfortune of getting in
the way of the glorious strike against racism on Sept 11, the police would
have risked their lives -- and many of them sacrificed their lives -- to
save you, even if their imperialist hegemony was threatened by the purity of
your convictions.

  Tad Richards                       "Well said, old mole."
    The Old Mole                         Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
    of the MoleNet                          Act I, Scene 5
          http://pages.prodigy.net/tadrichards