Flames? MOI?!

On the contrary, Robin, this is very helpful, and you clearly know your
stuff. Your post-Pauline reminder is right in line with my sense of early
Christianity as very much a political movement, and I can't help but think
of Matthew (post-Pasaolini) as the great proto-Marxist among the
Godspellers!

I'd quibble with you on the question of suppressing the childhood-of-Jesus
texts purely on grounds of taste (which would also be censorship, no?)
because those too seem likely to have struck the NT authors, who were making
every effort to advance their candidate's qualifications for Messiahship, as
political dynamite. How could they have viewed those disturbing anecdotes
about what Jesus did to kids who wouldn't play with him as anything but?

Thanks for setting me straight on the Septuagint--Candice