 Friends,

   Though I do not own a TV, I watched the horror of September 11th in person
from one-half mile away.
   The President of the USA, the President of France, Mr. Clinton, and others
have said what I am about to say:  it looks far worse in person.
   It smells of fire and rotting corpses; the fires are still burning and the
odors worsen every day.  I don't wear my isolation mask anymore (from one
half mile away), however, people south of Canal Street must wear gas masks
and isolation masks.  Photos of the debris look like the "last days of
Pompeii."

  When you see from close-up  two pairs of human hands (hands that once
belonged to two female flight attendants), and you see how tight the
hijackers bound their hands, and how the explosion's force flung the bound
hands to the top of another roof . . . a mile away. . . you tell me what
other NOUNS you would use to describe the Arabs who pulled off this mission.

My mother died on September 19th a decade ago.
She had cancer and was being nursed by her daughter and sisters at her home.
My mother died in her sleep with her hair freshly washed, in clean clothing,
surrounded by her loved ones.

Is this how you picture your mother dying, at peace?

Or do you see your mother's severed hands, wrenched from their body, wearing
a bracelet of ropes, charred,  amidst twisted steel and debris on a roof?
  --  Non-StopNY

 about the events of September 11 = =  intriguing = =