Dear All

I want to thank so many of you for your concern.  I have been a witness to
the horrors only through TV and through the words and phones (when the phone
was functioning during these horrific times) of friends.  No one of us has
not been affected but it is good to know that we are still human and care
though terrorism of all sorts will be ours in the States as well as
everywhere else from now on.  Surely we all expected some kind of terrorism
to descend upon us.  Would that our Intelligence officers had sensed it and
done something about it too.  Everything is closed down here.  It's a bit
ironic that a press preview of the Oscar Wilde exhibition at the Morgan
Library has been postponed today.  Can't you  imagine Oscar Wilde's smirk at
its inevitability?

Again, thank you for your concern.

Best wishes

Harriet