This is a revision - you don't know what you've got till it's gone

For those who are interested, "were you here" becomes "had you been here",
which is what I meant

That green bush chord tangle is clattered by Reed International in this new
format, which allows more information, but reduces the range of
compositional possibilities: it makes room for so much one could do without,
interesting faces imperceptible among noisome traffic

& a tack inside my shoe is working its way, singing a flat note into my
sole, blurring me...

Had you been here, I might have taken you somewhere else! or entered this
park from the north and never come to the hill top - there, you see?

space seems torn apart, emptiness easy to miss it's so many

reminds me of going through a weak surface on scree into cold black mud up
to the thighs - there is one from Arran in one of these folders - the shock
of it, the apparent impossibility of so much slime in that granite rubble

till one knows more

this garden and the one-way system cannot be separated; such conditions
produce such growth, this monstrousness, fleshing with really big panels
they have to lift by crane they're so big, squaring up to take on our
complete discommunity - it'll fill with bric-a-brac to be spread by
attracted bipeds

in darkness, it'll gleam; each night, the birds'll chorus artificial dawn;
real night, when each body slows, when brains descend depths along
indiscernible dimensions to welcome peace, never comes

And here, you see, there's a large philadelphus, spreading out, hanging over
the new walkway, but they haven't cut it back yet; it's gorgeous -

Wednesday, 29 August 2001
8:45 a.m.
Sutton, Surrey,
in the park near the Home Improvement Superstore under construction

http://pages.britishlibrary.net/lawrence.upton/
http://www.crosswinds.net/~subvoicivepoetry/
http://www.crosswinds.net/~writersforum/