Re: Self-publication -- a costing.Richard:

"
If you want to learn how a computer works,Get a Wintel.
"

We Have Been Here Before.

What's a Wintel?

Robin.

(PS -- flying from totalrarian abuse [LIKE that mis-spelling!], Ouspensky's
dancers would have gone down a bundle at the Edinburgh Fringe.)

[PPS Real Programmers use OS9 as a platform.  Who needs Macs?  Who needs
Linux?]

Re: Self-publication -- a costing.

Richard:

Partial reply ...

"
Heck, you could just *stamp* the numbers at the bottom of the page; certain
piquant authenticity with that move.
"

Heck again, cracked that one (pace dave "no page numbers" bircumshaw)
early -- insert by hand and centre on the column/page.  What's currently
cracking my skull is paginating the run -- Chide runs to 64 pages, which is
EVIL to do.

And Josephine was right here -- costing in staples counts ...

"
I'm trying to fix the air conditioner in my Dodge and just learned that we
have an electrical switching problem.  Look at a lamp.  If it isn't the bulb
and it isn't the wall switch - well, you track it down.  Gurdjieff warned us
against this electricity; the man had a point.
"

Buy a Ford
Give up reading Gurdjieff.  Ouspensky.  Whoever.  ANYONE with a russian
name.
Take up ballet
Read Colin Wilson

"
I could say more but too many chefs spaz the pot.
"

spatchcocks suck.

Get out of Norbert Wiener's Skinnerbox.

[Hey -- does pulse code modulation spring to mind?]

Oops -- Robin is more than mildly freaked.

"
Will backchannel apropos ISBN biz.
"

Actually, the crunch here seems to be an ISSN number for Chide.  The one
thing that +isn't+ a problem is the wraparound cover (price aside) and I can
(if I'm feeling lazy) do the ISSN number on the inside of that.

Off to buy a Mac if it were next Wednesday ...

Robin