Dear Listees

I am sorry, but contrary to what I just said I would do, I am not able to
resend my snapshots post because our list administrators are too clever by
half and won't let me unless I change or add to my posting. They've even
built an automatic system for it

"If you have a good reason to resend this message to the list please alter
the text of the message in some way...  Note that  altering the "Subject:"
line or adding blank  lines at the top  or bottom of the message  is not
sufficient"

Stories about one machine talking to another while something burns down
become that much more believable.

I welcome their genuine support, but I am not going to change my text or add
to it as they ask; I might have written that particular piece for them. If
it gets lost, it ain't the end of the world

In their patronising way, they think that YOU will not understand. In fact,
it is THEY who do not understand. The backup work and paperwork increases
for everyone else because their support staff don't understand. Nor is there
any point in complaining to them.

I am sure they toil away, saving us all from ourselves; but the world would
be so much better, and *much less over-populated, if that whole class of
thinkers to which this kind of thinker belongs were... well, they've already
gone forth and multiplied

Someone actually spent time writing code to check one message against
another!!!

Have a nice day now and enjoy the entire exciting range of great error
messages