Here's a poem, anyhow, rather than anything else. I wrote this late last
year and took it to an informal workshop in a theatre bar on Friday last
when I at last found out what it was about.

Best

Dave

            Until the Spectrum Meanwhiles

Shades of grey settle with the pigeons that now
_became skin on my hand_. A flake touch. A puff

like a dandelion wish, a lifeline to yez. Scatter
full of feathers fall, a thought jumps, not to be touched

till time tell answer you. That's an abstract
for ya's, a tree bustled with an invisible,

that lets its guillotine down. Blade, tree fall,
like just, a pediment of the masonry

of whatever buttress against nothing you barter.
Now pigeon come back, billing in the park,

pigeons, of a like kind, a mottle little
alter, a different turn to the same air.

So I let them pigeon go. Go letters go over
on a containment of a sky. Can see still

this boy let's pretending to be tree, a name
in a petrified forest, unable to move for a cloud

of feathers in his hand, and can he, I, touch them,
these differents, those other ways, shades of grey?