On Thursday, August 9, 2001, at 05:27 PM, Printmaker wrote:

> Not only do you get the addys but they are sorted by
> interest for direct marketing. What a bonus for the

And what market segment do poets occupy?  I don't think we're a good
spam target.

Nor is there any way to target members of a mailing list with viruses,
though, naturally, once one person on a list is infected, it tends to
get to others who have had backchannel  contact.

I agree with Alison -- this archives are a good source for people who
are thinking about joining the list.  They are also useful  for those of
us who occasionally want or have to unsubscribe for whatever reason.