Kent, am I right to say that your ideas on author ethics proceed from
your politics?  You seem to suggest that the literary system is under
sort of a mass delusion involving private property, copyright,
and individualism.  That's why you tend to snicker about "Xlibris" -
for you it's the equivalent of buying into a McDonald's franchise...

I'm not attacking you, at least I don't think so.  Although I believe
international labor law will be one of the most interesting fields of
the 21st century, I'm sceptical about anti-globalism.  I'm interested
in the hypotheses of that guy who's going around - wish I could remember
his name at the moment - trying to STRENGTHEN property rights as a way
to help the poorest of the poor.  Our "politics" are different, maybe.
You seem to be promoting hyper-authorship as part of a wider
culture critique: no-author means anarchist(?) author.

Don't let me pin you down, though, Mr. flyweight...

Henry

HG afloat: * www.nedgemagazine.com * www.xlibris.com/HenryGould.html
* www.spuytenduyvil.net * www.jacket.zip.com.au * www.unf.edu/mudlark *
    "Read it back to me, quietly, quietly." - O. Mandelstam