Robin, thanks, & thanks for asking.  It's too long to send the whole
thing to Australia, but here's another section.  "Mendelssohn" is part
of a longer work called either "Time Flowers" or "Bare Island", I
haven't decided yet.  btw, Mendelssohn is the name of the small
neighborhood I grew up in, part of a town called Hopkins in
Minnesota.  It was called Mendelssohn because of the group
of young Minnesota Symphony musicians who originally settled
there.

4

The children were a magnet for your love,
running through the sweet grass, just
beginners at this game of spheres.
Not in vain they push and shove

and sing and laugh for you, knowing
and all-unknowing.  Imagine
the essence of this skipping icon:
a green seed-spurt, blown

in diapers toward the white wooden fence.
He stands, and plucks, and hands
blonde Heidi a seedy dandelion
through the bars.  Amorous sentience

for life, before his time almost (they
know in advance): she was a magnet too.
_Fifty years later, I'm still after you._ And
just 500 years after Byzantium's _Black Day_

we gazed into each other's eyes across
that white diagonal X - little icons
for each other (long time gone).
The green seeds flower in a rosy