I think the lyric has been philosophical from the troubadours, at least.
Maybe Sappho. Nothin revlutionary there.

Maybe Prynne & Graham appeal because they retain lyric aspects - the
assertion of the eye - eschewed by more programmatic or formulaic
experimentalists.  Actually I know very little about either of em...

let's SEE... Bacon, Grosseteste/Theology.... Poetry/Graham, Prynne...
that's a Romantic notion, Candice, that JG is challenging the
origins of Newton's sleep with Vision...

those battles I suppose have to be re-fought all the time (I mean between
Vision & Science)... or do they?  Seems to me the poem with more
depth, more intellectual freight than a Paterian riddle-game, leaves
that dichotomy far behind... when you see through, not with, the eye...

THE TRUMPET PART
deep in the glowing
lacuna
at lamp height