From: Henry [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, 3 August 2001 12:14 p.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: JG (my father's initials)

Hejinian said Language Poetry is not a style.
There are Language Poets, each with their own styles.
It's a matter of worldview & commitment, my friends.
It's not about to be co-opted.
Not by Jorie Graham & Helen Vendler, no way.
Actually that would be coming full circle, because
there are some similarities between the New Critics &
the Language Poets.  Helen V. is a New Critic's critic.
Jorie G. is her protege.  The autonomy of "Language"
as opposed to speech meets in Academia-Mandarin Central.

The radical Word meets the autonomous Poem
somewhere in late-20th Hahvahd Yahd (east of I-o-way).

- Henry