On SAturday I read Jeannette Winterson's 'The Power Book'
and 'The Clerical Cat', a book of short stories.
Y esterday and today I am reading Clinton Heylin's
Dylan biography.
Then I have Giles Milton's 'Big Chief Elizabeth' (His Nathaniel's
Nutmeg was ok) and Hugh Sebag-Montefore's 'Enigma' to choose from.

'The POwer Book' was her last chance, the last feww books were
dreadfuk, but it was an ok 90-minute read. 'THe Clerical Cat'
was patchy. Having only read SCaduto nearly 30 years ago and
having seen the hatred for Heylin in rec.music.dylan
I am surprised what an enjoyable read I am having.

And re David Bircumshaw's TV advert I am watching Matthew Colling's
series. Nothing new last night but he did seem to have read
Graham Robb's Riimbaud biography. I dont know if I want to
read it. The only improvement on Charles Nicholls seems to
be the finding that Rimbaud was a great success as a trader.
I was more interested in the Becket section.

Douglas Clark, Bath, England           mailto: [log in to unmask]
Lynx: Poetry from Bath  ..........  http://www.bath.ac.uk/~exxdgdc/lynx.html