This information from Woody Leonhard's "Woody's Office Watch" site, which
offers tips on how to better manage Microsoft Office products, at
http://www.wopr.com/wow/wow.htm

2. SIRCAM BURROWS ITS WAY TO FAME
Earlier this week, in a special edition of Woody's Office
Tips, I told you about W32/SirCam, the email attachment
worm that's using the good services of Outlook to spread
randomly selected files and such literary gems as "I hope
you like the file that I sendo you". SirCam's main claim to
fame - what sets it apart from ILOVEYOU and the like - lies
in its ability to propagate via your office or home
network.
Of course, you're a savvy WOW reader, and you know that you
shouldn't open unexpected files attached to email messages.
You also know that you should have Windows show you file
name extensions
(http://www.woodyswatch.com/wowmm/archtemplate.asp?v1-n05
), and that any message attachment with a name like
SalesReport.doc.exe is just begging for you to open it.
Might as well pull out that shotgun, bucko, load it,
release the safety, and point it right at yer foot.
But the rest of the people on your network may not be so
smart. There's the rub. All it takes is one person on your
network who can't resist the urge to open the attached
file. (Or one person who thinks they're smart enough to
open the file without getting bitten!) They open the
attachment and bingo! If your network permissions are loose
- other people have write permission for certain shared
folders - that's all it takes for *you* to get infected. No
sent email. No opened attachments.
As mentioned in Woody's Office Tips earlier this week,
there's a very thorough discussion of SirCam and what you
can do to avoid getting bitten by it, at
http:[log in to unmask]
. Well worth reading.