>Poetry (that poetry which moves into its real and unmediated
>nature outside the circumscribed legality of hoaxed identities) is the one
>art that can take the Spirit of Theater from the fabricated, from the
>compromised and faked productional premise that poetry presently entertains,
>to the absolute Real, turning poetry inside out, into a Real object, like a
>Klein bottle, as I said of Gould's tentative rhymes, that "real" laws cannot
>touch.

Gracious Kent.

I am quite off-colour, psychically speaking, at the moment, and so
showing my less agile selves: nevertheless, despite the appealing passion
of your plea for the real, there's part of me thinking - aren't you
missing a point or two?  Shakespeare - Pessoa's self acknowledged Master
- called himself Shakespeare, whoever he was in reality.  His identity as
author pales into insignificance beside the works themselves, which offer
their own counter arguments to everything - but besides that, if you
accept that Shakespare was Shakespeare, he was a professional writer
earning a crust.  A wright, as it were, rather than a writer, and so
steeped in these modes of production and presentation which you so bewail
as problems in themselves.

I don't think it matters much.  The author identity question, that is. It
seems so secondary to me.  The key to the Real - well, we're all looking -

Best

Alison