Robin,

I know that Henri's final stanza had a "robin's egg" in it, but listen to
me: THE POEM WAS NOT ABOUT YOU!!!

You should have gushed over my poem instead, which, after all, was only on
its second try, and already quite impressive and getting better real fast
(but I'm not going to share it anymore here-- this list, it seems, can't
tell a Real Orange from a Painted Apple, and thus will have to wait for the
New Criterion around Lent-time)... Hey Duemer: My New Criterion to your APR!
I'll take Guy Davenport over Arthur Vogelsang any day. You?

No, Robin, to return to my point, Henri's poem is in a book and carefully
framed, after reems of paper of revisions, not counting all the trees cut
down by X-Libris, adn that's the difference. Yes, it is a very, very good
poem, but think of the trees... *I* don't cut down any trees, I'll have you
know: I make my electric power on a self-pedalled fly-wheel...

annals into back-channels,

say hi to the B-bird for me, there's single malt in heaven,

Kent