Alison said:

"Dear Kent, may I say for the record that _nobody_ blocked your messages
and also to point out you resigned voluntarily and very publically from
poetryetc.

...OK"

Dear Alison,

No not yet "OK". Did you read Candice's post from today? (Or was it
yesterday? The rugby injury affects my memory, I guess.) She stated she
*removed me from the list* when she discovered that I was also subscribed
under a "third" email address, to which I'd subscribed, I can't remember
when, at my work address (and she stated this with, oh, such a digging
suggestion that I'd subscribed under this "third" address "manipulatively,"
a word Candice used, adjectivally, more than once, back in May or June, to
describe my person, which she'd come to know, apparently, beyond a shadow of
a doubt, thus justifying her numerous smear remarks against me...)

I'm saying this not in spirit of asking people to reconsider that whole
byzantine affair, heaven forbid, but to point out, once again, that CHECKS
AND BALANCES on moderators need to be in place if fairness is to be ensured.
Right now (and this is my own, personal feeling, admittedly, after suffering
what I feel is unjust treatment), the list has a moderator who is prone to
emotional reactions that do get the best of her better reason. This is a
perfectly natural thing, something that I am myself often prone to, and it
certainly doesn't mean that Candice is a "bad person"-- I believe she is
probably a great person-- but under the often hazy circumstances of email,
it is worth guarding against things going unresonably bad.

And also, Alison, I don't accept that my messages weren't blocked. I sent in
two appeals to reason that never appeared on the list. The next day, Candice
wrote a post to the list claiming, bizarrely, that I had "re-subscribed" for
a few moments and then unsubcribed once Mark Weiss has done me the courtesy
of sending in a final post for me. She ended that post by saying that this
was another example of my "manipulative behaviour"!

All you have to do is say that, yes, the moderators will inform the list
when another member is being bloked or deleted. Why the hesitation to do so?
Just say yes.

kent

Kent