I'm glad to hear that moderator candor with the list is to be standard
practice from now on, Alison. Because this was not the case earlier this
summer (Northern hemisphere), when Candice blocked two of my posts and then
removed me from the list after I had done little more than defend myself,
and with considerable restraint, against the unprovoked and vituperative
attacks (including, sadly, from Candice) launched my way.

So I applaud the new situation. Without openness, "moderation" can quickly
spill into censorship.

Kent

>When a poster is judged by the moderators to have engaged in "personal
 >abuse" or "bigotry" (categories that are obviously not "objective" in
 >nature), that the moderators *inform the list* that the member's post(s)
has
 >been blocked, or that the member in question has been removed from the
list.

This is standard practice, Kent.  And listees are removed reluctantly,
and only where there is a clear demand from other listees.