I think the rules are good ones, and praise to the moderators.

It may be that this is already taken for granted as procedure by the
moderators, but if I could make one more suggestion, which I think is very
important:

When a poster is judged by the moderators to have engaged in "personal
abuse" or "bigotry" (categories that are obviously not "objective" in
nature), that the moderators *inform the list* that the member's post(s) has
been blocked, or that the member in question has been removed from the list.
This is important, I think, to help check arbitrary "personal abuse" on the
part of moderators, who are human, after all, and not necessarily immune to
having personal resentments interpolate dispassionate judgment. In all
frankness, I think we did have a taste last month of such unfortunate
alloyage.

In this way, other members can then more easily survey and judge the
fairness of the moderators' decisions in situations of extremis.

Kent