>"there IS another list which Mr. Lind would find more
>comfortable, Sam Gwynn as well as..."

James and All,

I've noted Sam Gwynn's name a few times during the Lind discussion. There
was a period of time many years ago when I frequented the CompuServe Poetry
Forum and Sam Gwynn was a part of that group if I'm not mistaken.
Discussion, sometimes full of passion, about formalism VS free verse did
occur but I believe Sam G. was more a gentleman, seeing the value in
whatever a person was writing rather than defending a particular camp to the
death. That is if memory serves. Which is not to say he and I/others didn't
engage our differences. But discussion is different from debate, what
emerged was a mutual regard. If I can say anything for that group, those
days, it is that a diversity of writers of varies levels and forms came to a
place of mutual respect.

There were things going on in Sam G.'s writing I admired and, likewise, he
saw things to admire in mine.

Cheers
:fp

Frank Parker