I jsut read Lind's article with more care. I agree that his reductiveness is
funny, and the conclusion, where he suggests that the mission of poetry is
akin to that of popular music, is priceless. BUT... much of what he says I
find perfectly accurate, at least as quick graph-- particularly his take on
the academy and MFA programs-- his description of the dominant, scenic
poetic mode coming out of there since 70's (self-indulgent snap-shot prose
scissored more or less arbitrarily into lines) quite to the point. And some
of the discussion, like on the Agrarians, albeit very sketchy, is
interesting in the heuristic sense.

So I'm wondering more precisely what Candice and DAvid found objectionable?
Might be interesting to lay some of that out-- maybe even, here's a thought,
invite Lind to come aboard here for a discussion of his article? Will he
dare to eat a peach?

Kent