Geraldton? Wind. Wind. Wind. And a huge gum tree
growing parallel to the ground to prove it, its
foliage spilling out over the grass. Randolph Stowe
described the tree as being like a woman leaning
forward while washing her long hair.

As to this romantic landscape thread... I've written
a lot about the Australian landscape, mostly
aligning an emotional concern (personal or otherwise)
with physicality. I'm not into picture postcards.
I write about the Australian coast. Towns. Cities.
Whatever. Like John, I've lived and worked in many
rural areas and on several properties, and I've found
nothing romantic in what often happens there.
Philip Hodgins wrote some of the best rural/
pastoral poems in this country. Roamantic? No.

best

Anthony