.
>Chris Emery wrote:
>
>PHYSICAL INSIGHTS
>
>The next stimulus is: "Poetry and violence"
>
>Max 300 words.

Poetry and Violence

My Daddy tole me one man slew a thousand
Wit' an ass' jawbone

And when done had a cool drink from that gory club

Holy water   A fine tale memorializing the slaughter

O the blood    O the blood    O the blood done signed my name

The Muse croons after violence like she do flowers and rain
Wardrums git her jiggy widdit
And pain
In the lines of Homer and Song of the Cid
Even in Gentle Walt Whitmans Drumtaps
She's doin' dat thing
She can dance to the rhythm of hate
Just like she gets rite with Spring

For hate is steady forever     Hate is like iron
Love like a summer breeze
Strong    hot today
tomorrow gone

I know it wuz the blood  I know it wuz the blood   I know it wuz the blood
for me

If he who is angry without cause
Must burn in hellfire
Is even one to be saved
Even one

My nation stands stiff  at attention
At words wrought at the cannon's mouth
Rockets Red Glare    Bombs Bursting in Air

What 21 odes shall salute Noodle McVeigh
What poems shall explode
When the next one sets off the nuke in his suitcase

Chris Hayden